Nashville with Ben and Abby!

posted on: Tuesday, May 31, 2016


Abby's birthday was a few weeks back and as her birthday present this year I drove us down to Nashville to spend the long memorial day weekend with our brother, Ben. It was just the three of us  and we had such a good time catching up and spending time together. Ben may beg to differ as he slept on a futon the whole weekend and spent a lot of time driving us around and waiting in food lines with us, but I wouldn't have changed a thing ;). 


Not even close, haha


We hit up the Saturday farmer's market at the Factory in Franklin and stocked up on doughnuts from Five Daughter's Bakery and peaches from the Peach Truck. We also got to take our time and walk through the factory, ducking into antique shops and lingering in store windows which is something I almost never get to do with three kiddos in tow. It was a nice break that I so appreciated. 


Just be prepared for lots of food pics because eating is top priority when in Nashville


oh hey, breast pump.







favorite. 


We tried Two Ten Jack for the first time this visit and it was SO GOOD. The brussel sprout appetizer, the chicken wings and the ramen were all incredible. I doubt you could go wrong with anything on this menu.


Also, while I'm reviewing food I should mention that we drank a LOT of coffee while we were in town and I think I discovered my new favorite. The cuban coffee at Crema was holy perfection. I woke up this morning thinking about it and it pains me to think about how long it will probably be until I have another one. You're too good, Nashville. Too good.



We also had brunch sunday morning at Prima, where Ben works as the bread baker. And let me tell you we were given the five start treatment by the staff. (They must like him or something ;) We got to sample all of the breads and pastries he has a hand in creating and got a behind the scenes kitchen tour and got to see where all the magic happens. It was very cool, and VERY delicious.

Later that night Abby and I braved the heat and waited in the epic walk up line for the sunday night singer/songwriter show at the Bluebird Cafe. It's first come first serve and sells out every single night so we got there about two hours early and were about 15 deep in the line. By the time the doors opened I couldn't even see the end of the line and I sweating bullets from the 90 degree heat. BUT it paid off because we got a little two top right at the front edge of the stage and had a perfect view of the show. It was a pretty cool experience and felt very authentically Nashville. I'm so glad we did it. 


And there we have it, another Nashville visit is in the books. Made even better by all the brother/sister bonding time. I miss you already, Ben! Thanks so much for hosting us!

Until next time!





0 comments:

Post a Comment

I Am Emme All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger