Life Lately

posted on: Tuesday, April 28, 2015

 
Wes and I had a one on one day Saturday. He asked to go bowling and he really, really loved it. I bought us the two hour unlimited game pass and he completely ran down the clock. After we played a few games he even asked if he could take all my turns since "You probably bowled a lot when you were a kid, mom, and this is only like my third time bowling, ever!" How can you say no to that logic? So I just sat back and watched him wear himself out, haha.


^^^ also, can someone please tell me when he became a teenager?! ^^^


Last week for Oren's birthday we got him a bat habitat for the house because if there's one thing this kid loves more than sharks right now, it's bats. He really wants one for a pet but since that's not exactly feasible, we thought this would be the next best thing. We mounted it right outside his bedroom window so he can watch the bats coming and going from his bed at night. We still need to get a little light to shine on it to attract bugs (which attract bats!) and to help him see them when it's dark out but we can't wait to get our first little visitors.


Also, we had our first picnic over the weekend! It was all Wes's idea actually --- I was making lunch when he asked if we could eat outside. I said yes and had to laugh when he said he set up a "picnic" for us when it was really just a twin sized fitted sheet thrown on the front lawn. Oh well, it's the thought that counts, right? ;)


And last but not least, we all know mother's day is right around the corner, right? (cough-cough, hint-hint). I thought my mom could use an officially framed photo of her first granddaughter and mother's day seemed like the perfect occasion. So I tried out a new online photo framing company, Pictli. You can upload any photo you want or just choose one directly from your facebook or instagram. You select one of their fifteen frame/mat combinations (which it lets you preview with your image) and you're done. Then they ship it out to whomever you choose in a pretty little package tied up with string and a complimentary message attached if you feel so inclined. It could not be any easier and it's SUPER affordable.

 
 
Pictli is kindly offering I Am Emme readers 20% off now through the end of May! Just enter discount code EC1504 when you're checking out.
 
Hope your week is off to a great start!


1 comments:

  1. Wes Booth the pro bowler. Oren the bat man. Those two are the best! Also, thank you for my Pictli picture and frame - it is absolutely precious!!! xoxoxo #ilovepicnics

    ReplyDelete

I Am Emme All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger