20 Weeks

posted on: Tuesday, June 17, 2014



I hit the half way point in my pregnancy yesterday so I thought now would be a good time for a little update post. So far, these first twenty weeks have been pretty uneventful. Not that that's bad - I'm fairly certain "uneventful" is exactly what you should hope for during pregnancy. But the hardest part of for me is the waiting (for those who know me well, I realize how shocking this is ;) But besides a few unpleasant side effects in the beginning, it never feels to me like much is happening the whole first half.  

But now that we're on the other side, we're at a place where things are little more exciting. Like the sweetest little baby kicks I get all day long now. Josh was even able to feel one on the outside the other day for the first time.

We also got to see our little girl or guy in ultrasound form a couple of weeks ago and I am totally head over heels in love with that perfect profile already. I can't wait to kiss that itty bitty nose and stare at that tiny face for hours upon hours once he or she is finally here. And it may have been the excellent ultrasound technician or we just really lucked out, but I feel like this kid is already extremely photogenic. I mean is it just me or do our kids just get cuter and cuter each time? (They do.) I'm sure I'm not at all biased or anything (I am) but this kid already deserves the Most Beautiful Baby Ever award in my opinion, and I plan to have a sash and wreath of flowers on standby in the delivery room awaiting their gorgeous arrival.


But besides gushing about my fetus's drop dead good looks, there's not a whole lot else to talk about, really. Check ups are still four weeks apart and it's still a little too early to go hog wild getting things ready for the baby. As much as I WANT to drag out all the newborn onesies, wash them in loads of Dreft and then roll around in the resulting pile of heaven scented laundry before folding each one and meticulously stacking them in color coordinated dresser drawers, I will resist - for a few more months anyway.


We are painting the nursery this weekend! And by "we" I mean my dad and sister since Josh will be out of town for work and I can't be around the fumes. So that's something. But mostly I'm just counting down the days until fall and speculating about this new little soul and who they are and all the ways they will inevitably change life as I know it completely and forever.


and I can not wait.






0 comments:

Post a Comment

I Am Emme All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger