A Weekend in Granville

posted on: Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Hey there! I know it's already Wednesday and I'm just now getting around to writing about the weekend but let's just let that slide, what do you say? I've been home with a sick five year old who's been hacking all his germs on to my pillow and in to my drinks and basically all over my face so I get a pass, says me.
 
So the weekend, right. First of all, how come no one ever told me about Granville, Ohio before? Is everyone just keeping it a secret all for themselves or what? I wouldn't blame you if you were because it's just about the cutest little town I've ever seen, with their adorable ice cream shop, and historic old buildings, and perfectly spooky haunted inn. Ugh, it's the best and I want to move there immediately. Except I don't because buying and selling houses is a perfect form of torture and I never want to actually do THAT again. But as luck would have it, our friends just moved there. And now I have people I can impose upon as much as my little heart desires whenever I need a Granville fix. And the company ain't so bad either.



The York/Godfreys were the perfect hosts and I can't even tell you how excited Wes was for his sleepover with Jordyn.
 
oh hey there, dream house
 
This little museum had a first edition copy of Uncle Tom's Cabin and an autographed book signed by Abraham Lincoln. President Lincoln was also once a guest at the Buxton Inn only a few doors down.
 

After all our historic sight seeing we spent the rest of the day playing with the kids, having a taco party (the best kind of party), watching movies and roasting marshmallows. It was a perfect weekend, truly. Thank you, Adam and Julie, for all your hospitality and for showing us around your amazing little town!


2 comments:

  1. That looks like so much fun! I was looking for Rory Gilmore in the background! No luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for making it such a fun weekend for us too, Emily! We had a blast...hope you guys can visit again soon :)

    ReplyDelete

I Am Emme All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger