First and Five

posted on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013



Weston Silas is five today! This lucky fella got to celebrate his big birthday by going back to school (another year of Pre-K for this little leo) and getting a whole slew of shots yesterday. And believe me when I tell you, he milked that situation for allllllll it was worth. Ice cream, a new book bag, a snorkeling mask, a stop at the pet store and dinner at the restaurant of his choice turned one trip to the doctor's office in to an extremely pricey proposition ;)

I have to say though, I like the look of five on this guy. He's just the right mix of cleverness and comprehension but still plenty of little boy. He's still the sweetest thing you'll ever meet and smart as can be. I think this year will be a great one for him. Reading, tying shoelaces, riding a bike without training wheels, I see it all on the horizon. And between summer swimming lessons and his babysitter's pool he has turned into a total fish these past few months. His growing confidence in the water has really boosted his overall bravery and self assurance. At five years old he's a good listener and (mostly) well-behaved, an excellent role model for his little brother. He's funny and considerate and fast at making friends. He likes bugs and books and legos and candy. He still sleeps with a light on and asks me to cuddle him in bed every night. He loves Oren deeply and hugs and kisses him almost as much as I do.  He's tender hearted and sensitive, quick-witted and sly. He's becoming more and more the person he was always meant to be and I love watching his personality unfold before me with all it's quirks and nuances. I sort of feel like I won the lottery as far as sons go and I can't help but love him more and more each day.

So happy birthday my sweet prince and thank you for making me a mommy five years ago, it feels like  the time has gone by in the blink of an eye. It was true then and it's still true now, you were the greatest gift I have ever been given and I thank my lucky stars for you every single day.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

I Am Emme All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger