Strawberry Fields Forever

posted on: Monday, June 10, 2013


Today we discovered the greatest little farm with a pick-your-own strawberry patch only a few minutes away from our house. It had rained all morning long but we strapped on their boots and Abby and I took the boys anyway. Even though we got caught in another quickie downpour while we were out in the fields we still had SO MUCH fun. In fact, it was probably one of the best times I've ever seen Oren have. He was covered head to toe in mud and rain water (and strawberry juice) by the end of it and he couldn't have been happier. And for every berry we picked for our basket he ate two in return. The best part was we got six pints of strawberries and two pints of sugar snap peas all for under $8.00. Delicious, locally grown, pesticide-free and Abby's even making us homemade jam for all our efforts. Best idea we've had in a looooong time. 

(I didn't have the good camera on me so iphone photos will have to do) 



2 comments:

  1. I love this! Wes makes the best faces and oren looks so so so happy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kids obviously love the fields and strawberry. I hope that when they grow up they would still be doing this. Strawberry fields forever, indeed!

    ReplyDelete

I Am Emme All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger