A Mother's Day Photoshoot

posted on: Wednesday, May 8, 2013

 
A little while back I got an email from local photographer, Lauren Parker of Lauren Grayson Photography.  She kindly offered to do a little mother's day photoshoot for me and my boys and I jumped at the offer (I mean, duh!) All she asked was that I bring along a few of the boys favorite toys and books to incorporate into our shoot for a more authentic and natural feel. Although she did have plenty of extra things for them to play with too (plus apple juice and popcorn for the boys?! What a pro!) It was the perfect set up for photographing little kids and I just loved the cute pretend glasses Wes picked out of her stash and was wearing around! She even managed to keep Oren entertained long enough to get some good shots of him, which is no easy task. (She also has a two year old boy, so yeah, she gets it ;) And when all Oren wanted to do was push his cars down the sidewalk, she just rolled with it and got down on the sidewalk with us for some pretty sweet shots of the moment. Totally authentic and unplanned and I love that about her work. There were no overly staged, stiff studio-style poses. She just let the boys play and be themselves and captured them just the way they are. And really, what more could you ask for than that? Below are just a few of my favorite shots from the day.
 
If you're looking for a great mother's day gift and live in the northeast Ohio area, a sweet little shoot like this one for the moms and kids in your life would be a pretty priceless gift, don't you think?
 
Thank you, Lauren!!!
 
 

3 comments:

I Am Emme All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger